Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bargain Hunt

I have been so neglectful of my blog lately, it has been a hectic month here in our little quiet corner of the world.
I helped to organise a big antique furniture auction at our local hall last week and could not resist haggling for a few bargain bits and pieces.

I ended up winning the bidding on a lovely old stoneware jar for ten dollars, a wood table lamp for $2.oo, it just needs a new shade, and I have the perfect one lurking in the cupboard.

My fave buy was this charming vintage cotton quilt, double bed size, in blues and browns for the princely sum of $8.oo!!  I could hardly believe my luck when it was knocked down to me.


It will be nice on my son's bed.


And this rather grotty old coffee table will be improved with a good scrub, sanding and new paint job, a gift at $2.oo!!

Just love a good bargain hunt!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...